What is Succession Planning?
PLANNING AND PROTECTION FOR THE PRESERVATION AND TRANSFER OF WEALTH
Everybody needs to have their financial affairs professionally reviewed. From the most modest asset base to corporate structures and family trusts. Everyone's situation can potentially involve disputes, either during life or after death, that may prevent the smooth transfer of your assets in accordance with your wishes.
Ask yourself these questions:-
- If I die, what happens to my assets?
- Does my Will reflect my current intentions and have tax effective structures been built into the Will?
- Do I have enough life insurance and superannuation to preserve my assets for the beneficiaries of my estate?
For people involved in the running of a business:-
- Would my death cause financial hardship to my business partners and surviving family members?
- If I have a major illness and I am unable to temporarily or permanently manage my own affairs, who will pay my bills for me and who will decide what accommodation and/or medical treatment is appropriate for me?
If any of your answers to the above questions are "I don't know" then you should contact Meehans for an appointment so that your affairs can be reviewed and if necessary planned for, to enable your assets to be protected.